Your spa is what you make of it, and while it's fun to soak and relax with a nice wine to tote, it's also a fun place to soothe any aches and pains. One of the greatest reasons our customers enjoy their hot tub is because it's a nice way to stretch and complete a few exercises. After all, hot water can make muscles more pliable and receptive to stretching than regular stretching.
Next time you hop in the spa, try out these fun stretching exercises, and then grab your wine!
- While sitting in the hot tub, place your hands on the seat beside your hips for balance.
- Lift your legs until they are directly in front of you.
- Hold for three seconds, lower them, and breathe.
- Repeat up to five times, and gradually extend the length of time you hold your legs up.
Lower Back Stretch
- Try this stretch if your hot tub has a lounge seat.
- Bend your knees and begin slowly leaning forward.
- Let your hands slide down your legs for support.
- When you begin to feel tightness in your lower back, hold your position for 10-30 seconds.
- This combination of hot water, the massage from the jets and some gentle stretching, you should begin to become more flexible and notice that your range of movement is increased throughout the day.
- In the seated position, place a strap or band around the ball of your foot as you hold the other end of the strap.
- With your foot at a 90-degree bend, slowly extend your leg out in front of you until it's straight out.
- Hold for 10-30 seconds, then bend your knee to your chest.
- Repeat three times and then switch legs.
- Sink into the spa until your chin reaches the water.
- Lift your shoulders in a shrug as high as they can go and hold for three breaths, then lower them.
- Repeat this three times.
- Sit down in your hot tub.
- Rotate your head from shoulder to shoulder very gently, tilting your head forward, right, back, and left before returning to your starting position.
- Repeat three times.
These tips are purely to relax your muscles and give you a good strech simultaneously. Many people don't realize the importance of stretching, and some don't have the time to stretch every day. We hope these little exercises help you feel more relaxed and give you another way to enjoy your spa! Still early in the buying process and have some questions? Give us a call at our Greenville, SC location at (864) 676-9400 or our Arden, NC location at (828) 687-8080. You can also click the banner below to tell us what you're looking for online!
If you enjoyed this article, please check out other posts on our blog and join us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest to see why we're the premiere pool & spa company in the southeast!